How to Support Small Business and My Favorite Small Home Decor Shops
We are tiny, but mighty with a lot to offer, so this Small Business Saturday, no matter how you choose to support small business, show a little love to the little guy using these tips.
It's cyber week and one of the best days – the day we focus in on small business and how we can support them with a little extra love.
Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy, and they play a vital role in our communities.
When you shop at a small business, you are supporting the entrepreneurs and hardworking men and women who have dedicated their lives to building something special.
In addition, you are helping to create jobs and spur economic growth. By shopping at small businesses, you are investing in your community and ensuring that it remains vibrant and thriving.
Let's dive in to some great ways to do just that plus some of my favorite small home decor businesses that show up in a big way.
- We are tiny, but mighty with a lot to offer, so this Small Business Saturday, no matter how you choose to support small business, show a little love to the little guy using these tips.
- 1. Engage with their content.
- 2. Purchase their products.
- 3. Follow them everywhere.
- 4. Write a positive review.
- 5. Sign up for their newsletter
- My Favorite Home Decor Small Shops
Disclaimer: This post does include affiliate links for your convenience. This is at NO additional cost to you but earns me a small commission. To read more, check out our disclosure policy. As an
1. Engage with their content.
One of the best ways you can support small businesses is by engaging with their posts on social media.
Supporting a small business doesn’t have to mean buying all their products.
A simple like or share goes a long way in getting the word out about a business, and it also helps to create a sense of community.
One of the most impactful ways to engage with a post is to share their post to your story. When you share their post, you are exposing their account to a whole new audience.
Also, when you engage with a small business on social media, you're not just supporting that particular business – you're also helping to promote entrepreneurship and small business ownership.
In today's economy, that's more important than ever.
So next time you see a post from a small business that you like, take a few seconds to show your support. It'll make a big difference for them – and for the small business community as a whole.
2. Purchase their products.
Of course, purchasing small business products is the biggest way to support them, as it allows them to continue operating.
It also gives you an opportunity to test out their products and share what you love most as well as how it has helped you.
A great way to support My Homier Home's small business during this time is to purchase our new quick-win workshops!
We are offering an amazing 3-for-1 deal on our the pre-sale of our new LIVE quick-win workshops (on sale through Cyber Monday).
The are on sale through the end of Cyber Monday and will be literally the best gift to give yourself this year that will keep on giving for years to come.
3. Follow them everywhere.
Did you know that the more interaction, traffic, and followers business accounts get across all platforms, the more the social media algorithm will give them a boost?
This allows them to grow and get more exposure from those that may not know who they are just yet.
So, if you're looking for another free way to show some love that a small business will GREATLY appreciate, head over to their social accounts and follow them.
You can follow @myhomierhome on all social media platforms, including: Pinterest, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram.
4. Write a positive review.
In these difficult times, it's more important than ever to support small businesses. And what better way to do that than by writing a positive review?
Positive reviews reassure new customers that they will like the product and can influence their decision to purchase it.
Not only does your review help to boost the business's reputation, but it also helps to spread the word about their good work.
So if you're ever feeling generous, take a few minutes to write a positive review. It'll make a world of difference for the business, and it'll make you feel good, too.
Take advantage of My Homier Home’s Black Friday Sale and leave us a review!
5. Sign up for their newsletter
Signing up for a small business newsletter is another great way to show your support.
When you sign up for a small business newsletter, you're essentially telling the owner that you believe in them and their work. You're also providing them with valuable feedback and letting them know what you're interested in.
Most importantly, signing up for a small business newsletter shows that you care about the community of entrepreneurs and small businesses owners.
So if you haven't already, head over to the website of your favorite small business and sign up for their newsletter. It'll make a big difference for them – and you'll be able to stay in the known on anything new they have.
Be the first to hear about our new products, deals, and products we are loving at the moment by joining our VIP list.
Small businesses offer a unique shopping experience that you can't find at big box stores.
The owners and employees are usually passionate about what they do and are more than happy to share their knowledge with customers.
When you shop at a small business, you can be sure that you're getting quality products and excellent service.
So next time you need to buy something, think local and support your community by shopping at a small business.
My Favorite Home Decor Small Shops
- Henro Company – My favorite small business candle and home decor store is having a 20% off site wide sale this week too! I know Kristin personally and she has the absolute best taste and products.
- Clare Paint – My absolute favorite small biz paint company that makes picking paint colors ultra simple.
- Wall Control – My favorite peg board system that I added to my garage makeover this year!
- Ludoviko Boxes – I love this Etsy shop for all things engraved. This is where I purchase our Christmas stocking tags for the family.
- Home with Holly J – Holly is a super talented designer and has the BEST taste in home decor. I know Holly personally and let me just tell you, her home is gorgeous and her tablescapes are always impeccable.
- Lotus Nursery Art – I ordered our nursery artwork from here for my daughter's room and it is still up 3 years later. It's so adorable!
- The Shed Interiors – The signs from this shop are literally the best. I ordered all of our gallery wall signage from them.
- Mapologist – We ordered our personalized maps for our living room from this shop and I absolutely love them!
You can find more wonderful small shops over on Etsy too!